Pace of Play
To ensure both competition and social rounds are played in a length of time which makes golf more enjoyable for everyone, players should play at a good pace.
Yarra Yarra Golf Club has established pace of play guidelines that all players should follow:
- 4 hours to complete an 18 hole Stableford or Par competition round in a four player group.
- 4 hours 10 minutes to complete an 18 hole Stroke or Match Play competition round in a four player group.
- The lowest marker in the group is responsible for the group’s pace of play.
- If a group loses a clear hole and it is delaying the group behind, it should call the group behind to play through, irrespective of the number of players in that group.
- Where a group has not lost a clear hole, but it is apparent that the group behind can play faster, it should call the faster moving group to play through.