The Yarra Yarra Golf Club is one of Australia’s leading premier private golf clubs, situated on the famous Melbourne Sandbelt. From 2018 to 2022 the Club invested millions of dollars to upgrade and restore the course back to the original Alex Russell design intent. Now due to the exceptional quality of our golf course we have reached our membership capacity and from 1 January 2023 the Club will implement a waiting list for membership.
HOW TO JOIN THE YARRA YARRA GOLF CLUB’S MEMBERSHIP WAITING LIST
To be considered for placement on our membership waiting list, a candidate must complete a nomination form and submit it to the club with an accompanying application fee. Nomination forms require both a proposer and seconder that has been a member of the Club for two years or more. Candidates who do not know a member can still apply for a membership but will be required to undertake a more rigorous membership application process.
Once the completed nomination form has been returned to the Club and the application fee has been paid the candidate will be placed on the waiting list for membership.
The application fee is of $500 (GST inclusive). Please note, no additional fees will be incurred until an offer of membership is made. The application fee will be deducted from their Entrance Fees if they accept the membership offer at the time their name comes up on the waiting list. If they decline the membership offer, their application fee will be forfeited.
When a completed nomination form is sent in the post the candidate must fill in the credit card details for the payment of the application fee. If a member or candidate is dropping off the completed nomination form in person, they can pay the application fee by credit card at reception. All application fees must be paid by credit card and a 1.5% credit card fee is applicable.
HOW LONG DOES A CANDIDATE HAVE TO WAIT TO BECOME A MEMBER?
The Board determines the number of candidates that can be offered 7-day membership each year. Due to numerous variable factors that are taken into consideration when determining new member intakes each year, it is not possible to estimate exactly how long a candidate on the waiting list will have to wait before they are offered membership. However, we expect to intake a minimum of 30 new members in late September each year.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- The Member receives the membership application form.
- The Member and the Candidate completes the application form, including the name and signature of the Member Proposer and Seconder and returns this to the Club along with the $500 application fee.
- The Candidate is offered a date to attend a membership interview.
- The Candidate is offered a date to have a trial round of golf with a Director of the Club (for Non-Proposer applications only). This will usually occur on the same day as the interview wherever possible.
- The Candidate’s application is posted on the Club’s website (member section) and on the Clubhouse notice board for 21 days.
- If there are no objections to the membership application, it is approved, and the candidate is placed on the membership waiting list.
- In late September each year the Board will review the waiting list and an agreed number of waiting list candidates will receive an offer of membership.
- If the waiting list candidate takes up the offer of membership, they will be sent an invoice for the Entrance Fee and the annual subscriptions, which will be due and payable within 7 days.
- A New Member Induction Evening will be held on the eve of your membership joining date. At this meeting all new members will receive their new member pack and all their new member information. Attending this meeting is a condition of membership. It is recommended that all Prospers attend this meeting with their candidates.
- Following the New Member Induction Evening all new membership inductees will become new members of the Club and can start to enjoy all the privileges of membership at Yarra Yarra.
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR WAITING LIST CANDIDATES
To ensure that we continue to engage and update all our waiting list candidates, they will receive special offers to attend selected events at the Club. Please ensure your candidates contact details remain updated with us so they don’t miss out on these exclusive events. This will also ensure that they receive their offer of membership when they become eligible.
CHANGE OF PERSONAL DETAILS
To change your candidates personal details at any time please email the Membership Secretary at email@example.com