To be read in conjunction with the Rules of Golf.
- OUT OF BOUNDS:
All ground beyond the boundary and protection fences is out of bounds. Rule 27-1 applies
- IMMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS:
- Protection of young trees: If a staked tree/shrub under two club-lengths in height interferes with a player’s stance or the area of the intended swing, the ball MUST be lifted, without penalty, and dropped in accordance with Rule 24-2b(i). The ball may be cleaned when so lifted.
- Fixed sprinkler heads: Specimen Local Rule Part A – 4 in the 2016 Rules of Golf also applies for immovable obstructions close to the putting green.
- Artificially surfaced roads, car parks and paths: In addition, if a player’s ball comes to rest on or over the car park when playing the 7th or 9th holes, relief without penalty MUST be taken either within one club-length of the nearest point of relief on the green side of the hole being played or by dropping the ball within one club-length of the nearest dropping stake of the hole being played (even if the dropping stake is nearer the hole than where the ball originally lay).
- Water Hazard stakes, GUR stakes, ropes and signs.
- WATER HAZARD:
The pond at the rear of the 10th green is a lateral water hazard. Players may proceed under Rule 26-1, or as an additional option a ball may be dropped within one club-length of the nearest dropping stake even if the dropping stake is nearer the hole than where the ball originally crossed the margin of the hazard.
- STONES IN BUNKERS:
Stones in bunkers are moveable obstructions. Rule 24-1 applies.
- GROUND UNDER REPAIR:
The following areas are defined as ground under repair:
- Garden Beds as follows:
- The gardens directly surrounding the flagpole in front of the Clubhouse
- The garden beds adjoining the outside perimeter of the Clubhouse
- The garden bed surrounding the fountain on the putting green
- b) those areas the margins of which are defined by white stakes, white lines, GUR signage and/or accompanying rope. Play is prohibited from GUR. Relief must be taken in accordance with Rule 25-1.
- DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES:
For all play at Yarra Yarra, a player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only.
Specimen Local Rule 7 of Appendix 1, Part A, page 153, of the Rules of Golf applies.
- ACCIDENTAL BALL MOVEMENT:
When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment.
The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1.
This Local Rule applies only when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental.
Note: If it is determined that a player’s ball on the putting green was moved as a result of wind, water or some other natural cause such as the effects of gravity, the ball must be played as it lies from its new location. A ball-marker moved in such circumstances is replaced.
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULE
Stroke Play – Two Strokes Match Play – Loss of Hole